International serial entrepreneur, start-up mentor, and venture capitalist, Sylvia Bambra brings twenty-five years of international enterprise start-up, management and consortium building in Canada and the USA.
Sylvia graduated from Ryerson University in Toronto, Canada with an Honors Degree in Nutrition Science, Business Administration, and Social Policy. Sylvia accomplished the following milestones during her tenure at Ryerson University:
1. Inaugural Fellow of the Ryerson Interdisciplinary Social Policy (ISP) Program:
A. Lead a policy formation initiative that successfully lobbied The City of Toronto to form and fund the City’s first Food Policy Council.
B. Primary researcher and co-developer of The Canadian Celiac Food Guide: A Centennial Reply to Samuel Gee.
Ten+ years of leadership in Canadian nutrition and health education enterprise start-up/launch activities:
1. Member of the City of York Nutrition Department’s Development Team: The Basic Shelf (Food Access and Security) Program
2. Founder, President, and CEO: Bambra Health Systems. (BHS), Inc.
A. Co-developer of innovative corporate health, safety and wellness program The WEALTH Program. Program was adopted by Aetna Canada, Manulife, and North West Life who implemented the program throughout their Canadian employee benefit administrator networks.
B. Developed Eating Disorder Day Treatment/After Care Support Protocol for BHS’ Bi-National Eating Disorder Consortium in conjunction with BryLin Hospital, Buffalo, NY and Port Colborne General Hospital/Homewood, in Port Colborne and Guelph Ontario, Canada.
3. Founding Partner of The Health Innovations and New Choice (THINC) Group
A. Founding Member: The Niagara Healthy Weights Coalition, an interdisciplinary health leadership group developing healthy eating programs and eating disorder prevention activities throughout the Niagara Region.
B. Producer and Co-Director: The Image Class – theatre production designed to ‘inoculate’ grade school students against eating disorders via engagement and awareness education.
4. Faculty: Sheridan College of Applied Arts and Technology
Ten+ years business ownership, development, growth, and management in Northern California:
Managing Partner: HouseCleaners, LLC., Sacramento, California. Purchased an existing residential and commercial cleaning enterprise. Expanded the operation over a five year period, increasing revenues by over 500% over five years.
2. Managing Partner: Silicon Valley Property Ventures, Palo Alto, California. Early-stage start-up in the real estate, accommodation, hospitality space in Silicon Valley, California.